Monday, February 16, 2015

Tauranga

Well it was my first few days in the mission field and my I am in the Tauranga Stake and the Otumoetai ward, my area is huge!  but on the bright side that means we get a car! even though getting in the car here is really scary! and everyone is on the wrong side of the road!


So the best on Thursday my first full day in the field I asked one of our investigators to be baptized and he said yes!  His name is shane, but he has a few problems he has never kept a commitment and he smokes... and since he didn't come to church on sunday we need to push back his date... but what do yah do I guess, we will be seeing him on Tuesday and we are going to work really hard with him.  we don't have too many investigators we have loads of potentials so we are going to be focusing on that for a little while and trying to build our teaching pool.  I really want to focus on Less Active members and referrals from members and I think we will have success doing that instead of knocking on doors and being told to go away...  that's really all there is for this week hope everyone has a good week.

Daxon's e-mails are really short, so I will fill you in a bit. His companion's name is Elder Landis from Orem, UT and he has been out for three months. He had a good week, but it is starting to miss everyone back home. Please keep him in your prayers, I know he would appreciate it. I know he would also appreciate some letters, so hopefully we will have an address for him next week!



I think he appreciated the candy Jess!

Dax next to his new companion during transfers.

Saying goodbye to the Samoan Zone

Studying with some other Elders

A view of Tauranga

Outside the Hamilton Temple

No comments:

Post a Comment

Come unto Christ

Come unto Christ