Sunday, June 7, 2015

Mission Conference

Kia ora nga whanau

Well first off I will start off this email with the best experience and that is that Elder Cook one of the Twelve Apostles said Amen to me! yep I said the opening prayer at the mission conference on Saturday and Elder Cook Said Amen to my prayer so pretty much I'm really special haha nah just kidding.  But it was a wonderful opportunity and that is something that I will for sure never forget! Also we all got to shake his hand and that was really cool also, it is funny how I have lived in Utah my entire life and I have to come to New Zealand to meet two apostles haha.

But other than the mission conference we had zone conference on Tuesday and that was really great!  President Rudd is just incredible I am so happy he is my Mission President!  Elder Cook said something that was really cool, and that was that when they assign missionaries to a mission they feel that they are more so assigning missionaries to a mission president not a country or a specific people.  And I have a for sure testimony of that I feel like I have known President and Sister Rudd my entire life and yet its only been four months!

Also along with the mission conference which was up in Auckland I had my first long distance trip as the driver in New Zealand which was just a wonderful adventure, I drove from here in Tauranga to Hamilton then up to Auckland and then from Auckland back to Tauranga, probably the longest trip of my life... but it was fun we didn't get lost so that was good.

But other than all that excitement there was really no missionary week done this week haha so not really anything else to say...  Other than I hope everybody is remembering to keep the Sabbath day holy!  We have six days to do whatever we want but the 7th Sunday is a day where we do what our Heavenly Father wants us to do, I encourage you all to study the sacrament prayers and ask Heavenly Father to help you better understand them!  The sacrament prayers are wonderful and by studying them this week I have gained a deeper knowledge of them and there importance! I love you all and hope you all have a great week!


Arohanui

At least we know he won't go hungry...

At the mission conference

No comments:

Post a Comment

Come unto Christ

Come unto Christ